Tuesday, September 23, 2008

About the USA and Russia

Before I write something to do with the conflict that is happening between Russia and Georgia right now, I just want to say that the USA and Russia have never really ever been on good terms. They might have been a bit chummy in WW2 to get rid of the Germans, but that blew up shortly after with the Cold War. Citizens of both countries were living in constant fear of nuclear warheads flying overhead.

I guess after that all blew over, the USA took the limelight as the #1 super power in the world today with Russia falling behind (I guess due to economic issues and what not).

You hear on the news when something of NASA blows up. Do you hear about Russia's space program? Not really because on a whole it is a lot more reliable than NASA's. I guess the only time the USA and Russia have really been working together is in orbit. Now I'm sure Russia is very keen to reclaim their former glory (USSR anyone?) and an excuse to blow stuff up in a country on your door step is a good enough reason to me. Seriously though, I'm sure Russia might have an as of yet unpublicized reason for having done what they have done, or maybe not? Maybe Georgia just made them angry.

No comments: